Here is a brief on the biweekly( 15th- 31st, Aug.).
- The new US commander, Lt. Gen. Ricky Rupp, calls the US-Japan alliance “the cornerstone of stability and security in the Indo-Pacific.”
- Japan and Britain held joint naval drills in the Pacific waters south of Okinawa Island.
- The Quad countries conducted Malabar exercise off the coast of Guam.
- Japan sent Self-Defence Forces aircraft to evacuate Japanese nationals and local staff from Kabul to Islamabad.
- Oki Engineering found that more than 30% of semiconductors that penetrated the Japanese market were defective items.
- Japanese companies have come together to establish Quantum Strategic Industry Alliance for Revolution (Q-STAR), to promote initiatives in quantum technology.
Divya Suresh is an alumna of Takshahila Institution’s Graduate Certificate in Public Policy Programme
The views expressed above are the author’s own and do not represent Takshashila Institution’s recommendations