In the 10th #GCPPprimetime, Nitin Pai discussed Nationalism and its meaning in contemporary India.
The discussion revolved around the following questions:
1. What is the definition of a nation as per different theorists?
2. What is difference between a country, a nation and a state?
3. How did the idea of Indian nationalism emerge?
4. What is the national interest?
5. What does being anti-national mean?
The full discussion is available online on Soundcloud.[soundcloud url=”https://soundcloud.com/takshashila-institution/understanding-nationalism” params=”auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true” width=”100%” height=”500″ iframe=”true” /]
The #GCPPprimetime is a weekly online discussion on public affairs and policy hosted by the Takshashila Institution. The GCPP or the Graduate Certificate in Public Policy is Takshashila’s flagship educational programme, equipping working professionals with the basics of public policy.