The Takshashila Visiting Scholar Programme aims to break intellectual silos by providing an opportunity for policy professionals and scholars from around the world to work out of the Takshashila workspace in Bangalore for a period of one to three months.
Who can apply?
Policy practitioners across the world can apply for this programme after consultation with their respective institutes. The programme will be an institutional engagement between The Takshashila Institution and the partnering institute.
Experience or interest in working on Indian policy issues is not a precondition for this programme. The visiting scholars are free to carry out independent research in their area of interest. The scholars may avail the benefits of this programme for a period of one to three months depending on the terms negotiated between the two institutes.
Visiting Scholar benefits
- Peers: Discuss and share research ideas and common interests with Takshashila’s research staff working out the Bangalore office.
- Network: Be a part of Takshashila’s global talent network working on cutting edge policy research problems concerning India’s national interest.
- Takshashila events and workshops: The Takshashila Institution conducts policy workshops and events at regular intervals in Bangalore. Visiting scholars are free to attend and participate in these events.
- Field visit opportunities: The Takshashila Institution encourages and assists visiting scholars in taking up interesting field visit opportunities to appreciate the dynamics of the policy environment in India.
- Learning: The visiting scholar is invited to audit the various education programmes administered by our public policy school.
- Teaching: The visiting scholar is encouraged to take up a teaching assignment as part of our education programmes and interact with bright students coming from extremely diverse backgrounds.