Helping Karnataka’s industries reach new heights: Industrial policy recommendations for 2014
Pavan Srinath, Nitin Pai, Narayan Ramachandran and Varsha Ramachandran
This policy advisory constitutes the recommendations of the Takshashila Institution for Karnataka’s draft Industrial Policy 2014-2019, as well as a few questions for the drafting committee. The advisory recommends the following:
1. Solve land limitation problems by permitting multi-storey industrial estates.
2. Prioritise the Scaling of Existing Industries.
3. Improve Karnataka Udyog Mitra’s investor outreach.
4. Industrialise according to districts’ comparative advantage.
5. Introduce regular progress reporting.
6. Link Subsidies and Incentives to Outputs.
7. Incentivise Industrial Projects coming up on Private Lands.
8. Become a National Leader in Apprenticeships.
This policy advisory can be cited as: Pavan Srinath, Nitin Pai, Narayan Ramachandran and Varsha Ramachandran, “Helping Karnataka’s industries reach new heights: Industrial policy recommendations for 2014″, Takshashila Policy Advisory, 2014-01. (2014) www.takshashila.org.in/1534524506254.