India Impressions Photography Competition
Rules & terms of the competition
1. The Takshashila Institution’s India Impressions Photography Competition (the “Competition”) is open to all participants regardless of residence or citizenship, so long as the laws of their jurisdiction allow participation.
What to submit:
2. We want captivating images that show India from a myriad different perspectives on four broad themes:
a) India Engages – India’s relations with the world
b) India Empowers – How India is creating economic & social empowerment at home & abroad
c) India Enlightens – On knowledge and spirituality
d) India Entertains – On culture, sports and other forms of entertainment
It is up to your creativity to interpret these themes.
How to participate:
3. Register as a participant by filling in this simple online form. If you are below 18 years of age, you must get your parent/guardian to submit the form on your behalf. Ensure that your email address is valid and operational. This is the principal means through which organisers will communicate with you.
4. Submit your photos via Flickr. If you do not have an account, you can sign-up for free at www.flickr.com. You can upload your images using the tools and mechanisms provided by Flickr. Ensure that you have accurately submitted the link to your Flickr photo stream in the registration form.
5. IMPORTANT: Each photo that you submit to the competition must:
a) Have a descriptive caption
b) Be tagged with the following:
Compulsory tags: “India”, “Takshashila”, “Pragati”, “indiaimpressions2011” and
At least one of the following: “indiaengages”, “indiaempowers”, “indiaenlightens” or “indiaentertains” and
Optionally, you can add as many descriptive tags: e.g. “economy”, “diplomacy”, “music”, “bhimsenjoshi”, “blue”, “Madurai” etc to make your contributions easily searchable.
6. There is no limit to the number of entries you can submit.
7. The minimum resolution is 1260×1260 pixels. We recommend that you submit high-resolution images to enable printing on large paper sizes. You can refer to Flickr’s recommended minimum resolutions for printing. Higher resolution images will have an advantage in the competition.
8. You may submit previously published material to this competition, provided the previous publication was under non-exclusive rights, and if you retain the right to make them available under the terms of this competition. We recommend that you disclose all previous publications when you submit the photograph.
9. Entries will be judged on creativity, originality, composition, technical excellence, artistic merit and visual impact. The judges will be appointed by Takshashila.
10. A number of winning entries will be selected, including but not limited to:
a) Best Overall Entries
b) Best Entries in each of the four themes
c) Best Overall Entry each month
d) Best Entries in each of the four themes each month
11. The best photographs will be featured in a grand photo exhibition in New Delhi, printed on HP DesignJet Large format photo printers, displayed at Takshashila’s roundtables & Shala events, printed and published in magazines/journals of the Takshashila Institution and the Ministry of External Affairs. The top entries will also receive gift hampers from Takshashila, MEA and other sponsors.
12. Entries can be submitted between 15th August 2011 to 15th February 2012. There is no limit to the number of photographs that a participant can submit.
13. You will retain all rights to any photograph you submit. You undertake to make available the entries underCreative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike.
14. You undertake that you have the right to submit the photograph to the competition. Anyone found infringing on others’ copyright will be disqualified from the competition. The organisers do not bear any responsibility for copyright violations or infringements of intellectual property carried out by the participants.