Master of Arts in Public Policy
By Mount Carmel College in collaboration with the Takshashila Institution
As economic growth propels India towards becoming a middle-income country over the next decade, it is imperative that its structures, processes and ideas of governance keep pace. Closing the governance gap requires talented individuals to be equipped with the right ideas, competencies and networks.
The pioneering Master of Arts in Public Policy programme is specifically designed to create talented professionals who are well-equipped to engage in the complex arena of public affairs in India. It will provide a firm understanding of the fundamentals of public policy, economic reasoning, and governance and enable participants to apply them in their professional lives.
The programme is also designed to help participants become more engaged in the policy making process, as analysts, as public leaders, officials, public affairs specialists, researchers, public advocates and indeed, as change-makers and transformative individuals.
The Master of Arts in Public Policy is offered by Mount Carmel College, Bangalore (Autonomous) in collaboration with the Takshashila Institution. This is a two-year, full-time programme that is currently open to women only.
- Pathway to starting a successful career in industry, media, non-profits, government, politics, research and academia.
- Interdisciplinary curriculum that takes the best of the social sciences, combines academia and the practice of public policy.
- Strong emphasis on skills apart from a rigorous understanding of concepts
- Opportunity for students to do internships and thesis projects and build a robust body of work
- This is a two-year, full-time programme that is currently open to women only.
The second batch of the MA programme starts on June 19, 2017. Apply by May 19, 2017.
Apply for MA
For clarifications, send in an email to mcc at takshashila dot org dot in.