The Takshashila Shala
India’s National Interest: Towards Shared Visions
Chennai, November 6th 2011
Join us to be part of a community of informed and influential individuals transforming India for the better.
Why? At the Takshashila Institution, we want to create a shared understanding of India’s national interests that can serve as the intellectual bases for public policy. Our events bring high-quality, cutting-edge discussions on strategic affairs, national security and governance to cities and towns across India, creating a platform for dynamic individuals to connect with each other and to the wider policy-making circles.
The Programme: The Takshashila Shala has an innovative, informal format that blends scheduled presentations with spontaneous, even ex tempore talks from participants. Takshashila Fellows will be present to share their research and insights. Throughout the day there will be three parallel tracks on:
1. Foreign affairs, national security and strategy
2. Economics and public policy
3. Politics, citizenship and governance
After the discussions, participants will brainstorm, develop and commit to their own personal action plans on how they will engage in public affairs in the year ahead.
Where: IIT Madras Research Park (location)
Sunday, Nov 6th 2011. 9:00am - 5:30pm. (followed by the Party from 7pm onwards)
Speakers: Here's list of scheduled speakers. There will be others who will speak on the day.
Need to know: Get the programme and participant information booklet.
Register now: There are a limited number of tickets available, so register as soon as possible. By registering you undertake to participate in the entire day's proceedings, and to inform us well in advance in case you are unable to make it.
Other things you need to know:
1. If you'd like to speak, prepare to give a 20 minute talk. No slide presentations please. Participants will decide if they'd like to hear you, so please don't be disappointed if you are unable to deliver your talk. Here are some helpful hints on how to deliver an impactful Shala speech.
2. You are encouraged to write, blog and tweet about the proceedings. The twitter hashtag is #takshashila
3. We intend to webcast the sessions live.
4. Rules of engagement will be made available to all registered participants. You are required to adhere to them.
5. An e-ticket will be emailed to you. You are required to present it at the registration desk on the day of the event.
5. There is no charge/entry fee for participation in this event. You are encouraged to make an appropriate financial contribution to the Takshashila Institution, a public charitable trust, to help us sustain our activities.
6. Registered participants are required to fill in the logistics & meal preferences form, that will be sent by email.
In case your browser settings do not display the ticket registration widget above, you can register here.